Azzam Mohammed Al-Dakhil
Born on 31st December 1959, in Mecca, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Earned a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Architecture from King Saud University in 1981.
Obtained a Master of Science (MSc) degree in Architecture from California State University (USA) in 1985, The thesis title was “The effects of fast Architecture Development on Traditional Buildings in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia”.
Received a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Civil Engineering, in the area of Projects Management from the University of Dundee (UK) in 2002. The thesis title was “The Employees’ Reactions to Managerial Decisions in Multinational Work Environment”
Honorary Fellow of the Department of Journalism at City University of London
Appointed as a CEO of the Foundation of HRH Prince Mohammed bin Salman MiSK.
In the 9th of Rabi al-Akhir in 1436 A.H (the 29th of January 2015), the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz issued a royal decree to appoint Dr. Azzam Mohammed Al-Dakhil as the Minister of Education up until Friday, the 29th of Safar 1437 A.H (the 11th of December 2015). Dr. Al-Dakhil is the first Minister of Education after issuing the royal decree to merge the Ministry of High Education with the Ministry of Education.
On Friday the 29th of Safar 1437 A.H (11th December 2015 A.D) , the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz issued a royal decree to appoint Dr. Azzam Mohammed Al-Dakhil as a consultant in the Royal Court (Diwan) with the rank of a Minister.
Al-Dakhil was awarded the title of anti-drugs campaign ambassador for the national project for protection from drugs “nebras”
• Dr. Al-Dakhil started his career in the governmental sector. He was appointed as a project manager in the Saudi Development fund where he supervised Feasibility Studies and followed up many development projects in some Arab, African and Asian countries during the period from 1989 to 1981.
• In the beginning of the nineties he moved to work in the private sector, as he managed some of the pioneering companies and organizations, including ALSAQRY establishment, NAFA Company, then SCAP Company, and finally the Saudi Researches and Marketing Group.
• During the period 1991 to 1999, Dr. Al-Dakhil held the position of the deputy CEO of NAFA holding Company, which encompasses ten companies in various fields such as Medicine, Agriculture, Commerce, Manufacturing, Travel, Cargo, Operating, maintenance and security.
• During the period between 1999 and 2003 he held the position of the deputy CEO of SCAP group, which is one of the major groups in the Business sector in Saudi Arabia. It involves a group of companies in the fields of environment protection systems, recycling, packing mineral water, contracting, real estates, travel and tourism and food industry.
• In 2003, he was appointed as the General Manager of the Saudi Company for distribution, one of the companies of the Saudi Researches and Marketing Group.
• In 2008, he was appointed as the CEO of the Saudi Researches and Marketing Group.
• On the 5th of January, Dr. Al-Dakhil was appointed as a managing director for the Saudi Researches and Marketing Group and he held this position up until April 2014.
• On the 29th of January 2017, Dr. Al-Dakhil resigns from Saudi Researches and Marketing Group.
• Dr. Al-Dakhil is currently in charge of the media affairs of the Islamic Military Alliance to Fight Terrorism (IMAFT)
Memberships of current boards of directors:
• Member of HRH Prince Mohammed bin Salman foundation MiSK (Board of Directors)
• Member of the Saudi Group of Researches and marketing Board of Directors.
• Founder and chairman of Middle East publishers union.
Memberships of previous board of directors:
• Member of the Saudi Company of Printing and Packing Board of Directors.
• Member of the private sector in the board of directors of the public foundation for water desalination.
• Member in the board of directors of Aseer Company.
• Member in the board of the Saudi Automotive Services Co SASCO.
• Member in the board of the Saudi real estate company.